Customer Relationship & Support
• Develop and cultivate relationships at the executive and regional levels of the customer, being recognized as the primary Company representative.
• Provide effective support and communications to executive level customer decision makers, including Operations, Purchasing, Training, Finance, Quality, and Customer Experience.
• Develop and coordinate programs at both the district and corporate levels to improve product utilization (compliance) and customer value.
• Support the District Managers in developing local relationships.
• Maintain relationships at the executive and regional levels to insure program satisfaction, create competitive barriers, and tie in to local customer programs.
• Maintain relationships at the independent and organic distribution channels.
• Maintain a presence at the local restaurant level to insure a complete understanding of local restaurant practices and issues.
• Attend customer trade shows, conventions, charitable events as required.
• Develop and present to the customer annual tactical and strategic business plans. This should highlight the prior year’s Company value and provide recommendations and actions to work with the customer to enhance the Company value.
• Provide continual re-enforcement of the Company value proposition at all levels of the customer to defend against competitive encroachment.
• Actively seek and develop new business opportunities within the national account.
• Understand the Company business system, to be able to intercede on the customer’s behalf when a problem or special requirement arises.
• Independently solve customer problems or special requirements.
• Work with the customer to insure timely account receivable payments.
• Understand the customer and distributor channel inventory policies and requirements in order to guide the proper stocking required to meet the customer’s service expectations.
• Act as the account ombudsman by tracking and monitoring the Company performance to assure that the customer perceives that they are Company’ “only customer”.
• Assess the training and support needs at both the restaurant and District level to insure Company product performance and provide or coordinate the training required.
• Develop and present customized training programs for large employee and management groups.
Staff Development & Management
• Assess your personal training needs and seek appropriate programs.
• Conduct oneself as the representative of the Company’s Core Values.
• Coordinate all resources required to support the customer’s business plan.
• Facilitate information flow and local program development amongst the District Management team through quarterly team status sessions.
• Provide effective communication to Company management
Customer Process Assessment/ Problem Solving.
• Understand the Company product chemistry and frying oil filtration process in order to provide technical assistance and trouble shooting.
• Demonstrate the knowledge and personality to act as and be accepted as an frying oil solution expert.
• Proactively manage the Account profitability by seeking alternatives to reduce product or servicing expense.
• Maintain a complete understanding of the account’s business goals, strategy, products and equipment.
• Prepare and execute an account sales plan in support of Sales and Company goals, optimizing the growth opportunity at the account.
• Coordinate all account programs with supervisor.
• Collaborate with all elements of the Company infrastructure to develop products and solutions responsive to the customer’s business.
• Develop customized marketing communication material for the account.
• Provide market, customer, competitive intelligence.
• Support the S O &P process by providing customer program and sales estimates.
• Provide timely (monthly)territory status reports to supervisor.
• Develop monthly territory management plans to cost effectively cover and support the territory.
• Develop and manage to annual sales and expense budgets.
• Maintain accurate customer contact information for both relationship management and emergency notification.
• Maintain accurate special product/ packaging/ labeling/ delivery information.
• Timely and accurate utilization of all management software including CRM and Concur.